Must-Have Smartphone Apps for Pet Owners
So you are a tech-savvy dog owner. Now with just the swipe of a paw - uh, we mean a finger - you can ace the fundamentals of puppy parenting, find pet-friendly places nearby, and much more!
There's no doubt that we live in an app-crazed world. Actually, the phrase "app-dependent world" may be more accurate. Whether you have an Apple, Windows, or Android device, as soon as you first turn on your new Smartphone or tablet, you notice all the preinstall apps. And then there are the other apps you download in the days, weeks, and months to come.
And, yes, there are apps that are especially interesting to us as dog owners. These days, where Siri (iPhone), Cortana (Windows), and Google Voice (Android) are there to make your life simpler, likewise with the help of these free apps, a dog owner's life can be made easier.
Dog-related apps fall into two categories: First, there are apps that help dog owners manage the care and well-being of their canine companions. And there are apps that may just be of interest to our dogs! Let's take a brief look at both types of apps.
1. MapMyDogwalk: MapMyDogwalk encourages both you and Fido to get a-movin'. Besides logging your route, the app tracks and displays time, distance, pace, speed, and elevation in real-time and calculates the calories you've burned on your walk. Since it has options to manually enter your workout data from other indoor activities, MapMyDogwalk might just be your new favourite fitness app. It is available for iOS and Android devices.
2. DoggyDatez: Want to make new friends while you're taking your pup for a walk? The location-based app DoggyDatez will help you socialise with other dog walkers who are also out and about. Keep it casual by marking your location within the app to see other nearby users, or get really aggro with its competitive "SkyJacking" feature that lets you virtually take over other users' territories, making your daily walk more adventurous than you could've ever imagined. It is available for iOS and Android devices.
3. BringFido: Travel easy with BringFido, an app that lets you search for pet-friendly hotels and let you book your accommodations right then and there. Besides letting you filter your search by distance, popularity, rating, and price, the app also lays out each hotel's pet policy so there are no last minute surprises at check-in (though if any problems pop up, BringFido's customer service agents are just an email away). Once you've sorted your stay, search for dog-friendly restaurants, parks, and even dog-related events happening nearby. It is available for iOS and Android devices.
4. The Fat Dog Diet: Make monitoring your pet's diet less of a struggle with The Fat Dog Diet app, which acts like a digital food log for your dog. Once you've consulted your vet about your pooch's weight loss goals, keep target numbers like food amounts and exercise times in one convenient place so you can help your companion safely shed those extra pounds. It is available for iOS and Android devices.
5. Tagg: We continue to gush over Tagg-and for good reason! In case your pet may ever dash away, the gadget and app work in tandem to locate your pet via GPS and direct you to its exact location. Lost dog freak outs are officially a thing of the past! The app also lets you monitor your dog's everyday activity so you can make sure he's as active as he needs to be. It is available for iOS and Android devices.
6. Pet Services Finder by PetMD: This handy app provides a wealth of information about pet-related services near you. From veterinarian offices and groomers to dog parks and dog walkers, this app conveniently puts the info at your fingertips. It is only available for iOS devices.
7. iCam: When you're at work, do you wonder what your pooch is doing back home? iCam can be your eyes and ears because it works with your computer's webcam to give you a live feed. It is available for iOS and Android devices.
8. Pet Phone: In our busy lives, keeping track of your many pets' vet appointments and medicine schedules can be daunting. This helpful app comes to the rescue by syncing with your device's calendar to give you reminders. It is available for iOS devices.
9. Spending on My Dog: In a world where expenses seem to only go up, it's important to make budgets for everything - including our pets. With this app, you'll be able to better manage your pet-related expenses and stay on your doggie budget. It is only available for Android devices.
10. Pet First Aid: Try as you might to keep your pet safe from harm, things happen. And when you need emergency and first-aid information, you want it quickly. This app features articles, detailed how-to videos and illustrations to help you and your pet when you need it most. It is available for both iOS and Android devices.
Source: http://www.brit.co/ | http://mashable.com/